Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to Track Dynamic Goal Values Using Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

Our website is a travel booking search engine portal where users can book the hotels & flight tickets on our website. We have set up goal conversions in analytics and using that we are able to know how many flight & hotel bookings are happening in a day. Now, we are planning to track the transaction values done by the users but we are facing the problem because ours is a dynamic website. Each and every time the cost of the hotels and flight tickets varies.

So, we want to know how we can track this kind of transaction values using analytics. Is there any tutorial available for that? Kindly, help us on this

Thanks & Regards,

Prabhu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Track Dynamic Goal Values Using Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Prabhu,

Google Analytics has a feature called Ecommerce Tracking for tracking transactions:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

N/A
# 3
N/A
Hey Arnold is it possible to track the goal value dynamically without using Ecommerce tracking?

We are trying to track the value of a booking inquiry (sales are tracked though ecommerce tracking) and we don't wanna mess up the stats of the ecommerce tracking. Is that possible to get the value just on the goals page?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can set up an event based goal, send the conversion value with the event to GA as the event value and enable "Use the Event value as the Goal Value for the conversion" in the goal settings. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

How to Track Dynamic Goal Values Using Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Arnold M,

If we use event based goal and track transaction as "Event Value" , There is one problem

Event value takes input as integer and transaction value can also be in decimal.

is there any around way to handel this ?

Looking forward to hear back from you .

Thanks & Regards

Shiv Kumar