AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to Track/ Differentiate Between the Traffic of a domain, Subdomain and subfolder?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! Guys,

So, I recently created 1 website. 

Example.com It's a store from which I'm selling some stuff. I also have a blog on the same niche with a broader angle on a subfolder. I.e., 

example.com/blog 

and also running a mobile website. 

example.com/m

But, I have the same GA code inserted in all of them. My question is that. Is this practice is good. Or should I separate all of these? Which will be a little tough? 

Second if this is correct then how to differentiate the traffic. So, that I can get a clear vision on where the traffic is coming from and on which page it is going.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to Track/ Differentiate Between the Traffic of a domain, Subdomain and subfolder?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey War Lord,

Yes, you should have the same GA code implementation across all sub-directories and for that matter sub-domains.  

Basically you want a users journey to always be tracked cohesively on one tracker.  

If you want to create separate views, you can do this by creating a filter based on request URI.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn