Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to Track/ Differentiate Between the Traffic of a domain, Subdomain and subfolder?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! Guys,

So, I recently created 1 website. 

Example.com It's a store from which I'm selling some stuff. I also have a blog on the same niche with a broader angle on a subfolder. I.e., 

example.com/blog 

and also running a mobile website. 

example.com/m

But, I have the same GA code inserted in all of them. My question is that. Is this practice is good. Or should I separate all of these? Which will be a little tough? 

Second if this is correct then how to differentiate the traffic. So, that I can get a clear vision on where the traffic is coming from and on which page it is going.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to Track/ Differentiate Between the Traffic of a domain, Subdomain and subfolder?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey War Lord,

Yes, you should have the same GA code implementation across all sub-directories and for that matter sub-domains.  

Basically you want a users journey to always be tracked cohesively on one tracker.  

If you want to create separate views, you can do this by creating a filter based on request URI.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn