5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How is Assisted Conversion Value calculated?

S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey guys,

Quick and dirty question here.

For Assisted Conversions, does Google Analytics assign the total conversion value equally to all assisting mediums?

For example if a user journey goes like this -> AdWords -> Social Media -> Sale of £100.

Would AdWords and Social Media get £100 in Assisted Conversions each, or would AdWords and Social Media get £100/2 = £50 each?

I ask this because if I look at my MCF report and it shows Paid Search has £1,000 in Assisted Conversions, part of that £1,000 might also be shown in another channel's Assisted Conversions, correct?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

"Assisted Conversions for a given channel counts all conversions in which that channel was a non-last interaction.Assisted Conversion Value is the total value associated with those conversions. As as result, double-counting can occur across rows or across assisted and last conversions. If two conversions occur for a single person, any channel interactions which were in both conversion paths count toward both conversions."

I think it answers your question Smiley Happy Please let me know if not.  More information here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1191204

Sebastian

S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
S T
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply.

I did find and read that particular excerpt you copied and pasted, but I was a bit confused.

It's this part that confuses me: "Assisted Conversion Value is the total value associated with those conversions."

Just to clarify, this means that if a User goes Paid Traffic -> Direct Traffic -> Email -> Purchase of £100...

£100 will be attributed to Paid, Direct, and Email, each, correct?

I particularly noticed the "double-counting" thing, but when I added everything up, it added up to 100% perfectly so I was a bit confused about that.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

in your example 100£ will be attributed to each.

@Tomasz_C gave a great explanation here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Reports/assisted-conversion-value-amp-Las...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey ST, 

I think this 100 pounds will be reflected in each of the three touch points in the conversion path you have mentioned above. For paid traffic and email, each will show 100 in assist conversions but for direct this 100 will show under last click/direct conversions. 

Plz correct me if i am wrong

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ST

The sale will be attributed for the both.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Ther is a similar topic where I gave some examples and detailed explanation:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Reports/assisted-conversion-value-amp-Las...
I think this could help you understand how it works.