Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How can I get number of sessions from subfolders e.g. abc.com/subfolder

Ata
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Ata
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I currently have over 24 sub folders beneath one domain all using the same tracking code.
E.g. abc.com - Top level domain and then have abc.com/fr, abc.com/de, abc.com/es etc.

I would like to find a way to see number of sessions per sub domain. Currently I can only see one overall one from abc.com.

Thanks
A

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ata
March 2016

Re: How can I get number of sessions from subfolders e.g. abc.com/subfolder

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ata,

if you need a regular view on your sub domains, you can set up a dashboard with a widget for each sub domain:

Click on Dashboard - > New Dashboard - > Add a nam and click on Creat Dashboard.

Add a Widget: Add a Titel, e.g. "Sessions for abc.com/fr", choose as widget art "Standard" -> "METRIC". Choose as metric "sessions" from the drop down menu. Click on "Add a filter", "Only show" dimension "page" regular expression ".*/fr/*. Save the Widget.

Add Widgets by the process named above with the other relevant widget titels and regular expressions.

Bye.Nils.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can set up advanced segments to include only traffic to the selected subdomain (hostname) or you can create separate views for each subdomain and set up filters like "Predefined" "Include only" "traffic to the hostname". Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ata,

There is a wonderful reporting section in Google Analytics often looked over that will give you this data:

BEHAVIOR > SITE CONTENT > Content Drilldown

In this area you can look at your folder stats individually without creating segments Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ata
March 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ata,

if you need a regular view on your sub domains, you can set up a dashboard with a widget for each sub domain:

Click on Dashboard - > New Dashboard - > Add a nam and click on Creat Dashboard.

Add a Widget: Add a Titel, e.g. "Sessions for abc.com/fr", choose as widget art "Standard" -> "METRIC". Choose as metric "sessions" from the drop down menu. Click on "Add a filter", "Only show" dimension "page" regular expression ".*/fr/*. Save the Widget.

Add Widgets by the process named above with the other relevant widget titels and regular expressions.

Bye.Nils.