Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How can I delete duplicate unused event category from Googel Analytics Behaviour->Events->Top Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I added some event category to Behaviour->Events->Top Events. But two categories are same name but spelling mistake. I want to delete one category from Behaviour->Events->Top Events. Is it possible to delete one event category from Google Analytics? If yes, how can I delete this duplicate unused category?

With Thanks

Martin J P

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I delete duplicate unused event category from Googel Analytics Behaviour->Events->

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Martin,

Once the data is processed, it's there for all eternity Smiley Happy Unless of course you delete the property or account. (Don't do that.)

If you've corrected the misspelling in your code then you are all set.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

How can I delete duplicate unused event category from Googel Analytics Behaviour->Events->Top Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theo,

Does this also apply to event labels? If there are essentially two of the same labels (but one of the words has an uppercase and the other has a lowercase letter), can they be merged or can one of them be deleted?

Re: How can I delete duplicate unused event category from Googel Analytics Behaviour->Events-

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jim,

They are separate rows of data from now until the end of the world. Smiley Happy

You can correct this by fixing your code or applying a lowercase filter to the event label field.  This will fix the issue MOVING FORWARD.

As with all other filters. test it first in your testing view. Smiley Happy

More of filters here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I posted a screenshot Jim, but looks like that feature is not working... again.   Smiley Sad

ss lowercase.png

I stand corrected.. momentary bug... this is how you do it in Admin>>Filter>> Custom.

-Theo

Connect on LinkedIn