Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Help setting up goals and funnels for a software with free trial and activation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two questions that I'm really hoping somebody can help me with. Been stuck with this for over a week now. 

1. My client's product is a downloadable software that offers a free 30-day trial. Most of our customers downloads the product and use up the 30-day trial before going back to the website and purchase the license. Can GA's funnel track this whole flow considering the interruption between downloading and activating? If so, how? Thank you! 

2. I have several versions of my software, each having their own tracking page. E.g:
v 1 = /thank-you-for-downloading/1
v 2 = /thank-you-for-downloading/2
I want all downloads to be picked up in step 4 of my funnel (see screenshot). Is this possible considering I'm using equals to in my destination?  

ga help.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Use "Regualar expression" instead of equals and it should be working.

"There are three different match types that define how Analytics identifies a URL for either a goal or a funnel. The match type that you select for your goal URL also applies to the URLs in the funnel, if you create one."

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1116091?hl=en#matchTypes

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think Funnels are tracked as session based so if a user comeback and convert after 30 days you simply cannot track it via GA in respect of funnel.