AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

HTTP Response error & Web ID tracked twice - Shopify store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting an HTTP response error and same ID tracked twice message for this site: www.paulinwatches.com

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

There are tracking codes on the site for two different properties, UA-72726527-1 (it's broken) and UA-78226247-1 (installed twice). Do you need both of them? I would suggest you to go through your Shopify templates and remove the tracking codes you find. Use only Shopify's implementation, you can find the settings in Online Store -> Preferences -> Google Analytics. Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Arnold - UA-78226247-1 - is installed in the Shopify template. 

What would removing that code from here do? And do you know why the UA-72726527-1 code is also appearing in tag manager?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

It seems that you have UA-78226247-1 installed both using the Shopify settings and the tracking code is also added to the theme.liquid template. UA-72726527-1 appears also in the source code, it is most likely added to the same template. As I mentioned above, you need to remove the tracking codes from the template and leave Shopify's implementation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Arnold. I've installed a remarketing tag in the template - would that be what is appearing in the source code?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The remarketing tag is ok where it is, please check if you can find any Google Analytics tracking codes in the templates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't find any in the theme.liquid template. Someone else set up this website and has their own analytics account - could that be something to do with it?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I took another look and it seems that the code has been added to the content area of each page/product. Please check if you can find it, you need to remove the codes one by one it seems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks - will give it a go!