AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site is not on Google analytics. How do I use Google Analytics? How do I get my site on the first page of Google?

2 Expert replyverified_user

My site was verified on Google, but I do not seem to be getting any traffic to my site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site has been verified on Google, but I am not getting any traffic to my site: webuyallkindsofhouses.com. How do I click on Google Analytics? 

gogle analylics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I use Google Analytics? My account has been verified, but I have not gotten any traffic for my site. How do I get my site on the first page of Google? Thank you, webuyallkindsofhouses.com

Re: gogle analylics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @We buy all k,

If you have your website connected to Google Analytics, that solves your inquiry. 

Now you are wanting to know how to get on the first page of the SERPs (search engine result pages).

This is a rather complex issue generally not covered here, but since I do have expertise in this area, I will provide some basics to get you going in the right direction. 

Once a small business creates a website, they must work on making that website a great user experience for visitors. How do they do that? They provide a well-structured website with relevant content presented on a fast-loading and mobile-responsive, modern website. It also must not have errors or issues that harm a visitor or that prevents Google from crawling your website. 

Once Google Search Console is reviewed, let's check up on your site speed, mobile-friendliness and some SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. Search Console will also show you error pages, which is where your old page addresses will be listed. Any of those should have 301 redirects set up for them. You can check this as often as you like to catch them all... or you can go ahead and set up 301's for all of the old pages and redirect them to the corresponding new page address, respectively.  

You should also be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website. 

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

From here, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct.

All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business.  

Tip: If you are not wanting to do any of this, do a search for a SEO company near you or one that you wish to work with and task them with it. If you want near instant traffic while you further "develop" your website, put AdWords to work.

Please have fun and enjoy the process.

King Regards,

James

Google analytics

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Welcome to the GA Advertiser community. Always great to see new members :-)
You may want to familiarize yourself with the community posting guidelines

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Community-Guidelines/ba-p/475932

For help with SEO related questions (like getting on the first page of google)
Best place to ask would be the Webmaster Central Help Forum

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

If you have already created an analytics account and installed it on your website, then you can log in via the SIGN IN link at the top right of following page (just select Google Analytics from the drop down)
https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none

To learn more about the standard reports that analytics provides I strongly recommend the following free learning resource

https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/course/1

I recommend the whole course, however section 5 will get you quickly aqainted with the standard reports that analytics offers

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here