Analytics
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI All

Just a quick and generic question , I hope some one can help me . I would like to set up tracking for Banner + contextual link which will be publising soon in our newsletter and same article will be circulated on social media like facebook and twitter .

Can you please advise how can i track ? I have created google analytics account , not sure where to do or what to do ?

Thank you in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haroon M
July 2016

Re: Google analytics tracking

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No need to delete anything. As you send more UTM data to Analytics, it will gather and add on to what you already have. You want to tag each of your efforts individually so you can separate and analyze the data.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Haroon M,

You can use the URL Builder Tool to create UTM Parameters to append to your URL for each source.  These parameters will carry over into Analytics and you'll be able to view reports based on the parameters you use.  

This article also covers using UTM Parameters and may help you decide on how to tag your URLs.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863?hl=en

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you Tommy

can you please advise me , i create a link in url builder and now will be circulated but how shall i link this with my google analytics account and as i can see there are few campaigns already there probably was created internally by some one how can i delete those and how my new will appear? thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haroon M
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No need to delete anything. As you send more UTM data to Analytics, it will gather and add on to what you already have. You want to tag each of your efforts individually so you can separate and analyze the data.

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tommy, will keep you posting just in case if no data show up under my campaign tracking in google analytics (which i am worried it may not ). thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Test it out - create a URL with the correct parameters you'd like - open up your Real Time report in Analytics and then visit that tagged URL you created. That will show you exactly what will occur.

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tommy , I did open URL and google analytics realtime it's not showing any activity is this why I have setup exclude internal traffic ?

How can i verify campaign if it is under different property set up ?
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Try from a source outside of the networks etc...that are being excluded. A smartphone on a carrier network would not likely be excluded.

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is it so difficult to fix the google analytics tracking for my business. Is there any number I can call so they can help me fix my tracking system it has been down from a week.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hell Tommy,

Can you please help me by letting me know step by step to fix the same. Thank you.