AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics suddenly started tracking only some of my conversions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been using Google AdWords and Google Analytics for some time now and everything has been fine so far. This month I started noticing that Analytics doesn't track all of my conversions, their number has increased since the previous months, but still it is not a high number at all. One of the days I had 4 conversions before noon, but Analytics had tracked only 2 of them. Is it possible that when the conversions happen at almost the same time Analytics can not differentiate them?

What can the problem be?

Thank you and good day!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google analytics suddenly started tracking only some of my conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Timing is not an issue - you can send multiple hits simultaneously and they will appear in Google Analytics. What exactly are the conversions? Are they ecommerce hits or a goal based on, for example, a URL? One tricky thing with goals is that the same goal can only be triggered once per session, per user. This is not to say that the same user cannot trigger multiple different goals in the same session.

If your goal is URL or event based I would check to see if the URLs or events are actually being reported - if they are, then the issue could be with your goal set-up. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.