Analytics
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics showing each visit twice?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have built a new site using Weebly and have placed the analytics code exactly as the Weebly guide advises but it is showing the wrong data. It is showing every visitor as going to each page twice. I'm not getting any bounces as every visitor who leaves at the home page is shown as visiting the homepage twice.Has anyone got any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? It isn't that the code has been placed twice as it's not possible to do that with Weebly as you only place it in one section, you don't manually add it to every page. I have tried posting in the Weebly community but no one had an answer, I've been using google analytics for years and previously had it set up on a dreamweaver website that I built and never had any problems. I suspect it's to do with Weebly, but would be grateful for an any ideas. Thanks.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Puddywatt,

If your Google Analytics is showing each visit twice, this means website is being tracked twice and you have more than one Google Analytics tracking snippet on your pages or duplicated pageview commands.

If you remove the duplicated one everything should be fine.

I hope this helps to solve your problem

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but as I said in the post it isn't possible to add more than one analytics code to a Weebly designed website. You don't manually add the code, it is placed in one header that then tracks every page.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I checked Weebly's Google Analytics integration help article(link) and it is possible to put multiple tracking snippets(if you paste the snippet twice in header or footer as well). Please be sure that you have only one GA tracking snippet and no other pageview command.

Also, your GA might be triggered through Google Tag Manager if you have it on your website or another external script might be loading Google Analytics on your page.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but it isn't placed twice, it is only in the 1 header area as specified by Weebly and there is only one tracking code placed there. That is not the issue. The problem is now getting worse as the results are showing visitors going to 1 page 10 times in one session and not visiting any other page. I'm at a loss as this is really affecting my ability to properly track visitors. I don't use Google tag manager so I can't see how that is affecting anything. As I said in the original post I've been using my GA account to track visitors for years and never had a problem, this has only started since I switched to a Weebly website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I assume there might be duplicated code there, I am not sure if you install the snippet and tag management, that will count as double traffic ! 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please check if you've placed under right section in Weebly. Also, can you please share the URL?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Puddywatt,

You are not alone, I experienced this as well. In my case there are some instances that ga tracked your visitor twice but not always. I also doubt that this is on Weebly's side specially when you picked a Free-Starter accounts. If this is a bug from weebly well they should fix this immediately. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Could you please share your website site URL?