AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics real time not working correctly today (Sept. 12, 2016)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone else experiencing issues today with the Real-time active page?  It is happening on both desktop and mobile GA app.  It is also happening on both of our different website domains.

Almost all of the active pages displayed in real-time with the last part of the path as just "javascript:''.

Some examples I copied just now:

/special-offers/01/"javascript:''"

/"javascript:''"

Some links display correctly so it seems, but I am not 100% sure, that the ones showing the "javascript" are URLs with UTM source, UTM medium, etc in the path.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics real time not working correctly today (Sept. 12, 2016)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Monty P,

I have not come across this issue today, nor have I heard of anybody else experiencing this. Would you be able to share your site for further investigation?

There was a more widespread RT reporting issue last week, which caused the RT reports to be inaccessible, but I think most of that has been fixed by Google.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn