Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics events tracking not working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi   I have setup google event tracking codes in my joomla website for track the newsletter submit click.   Here is the code which I have added.

Also I want to know Do I need to create a goal for event tracking in the analytic as well if I have already added event tracking code in the website?   Thanks!

Re: Google analytics events tracking not working

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sariant,
you have to change your code to:

<button type="submit" onclick="ga('send', 'event', 'newsletter', 'send', 'sidebar', 1)">Subscribe</button>

Fil

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
As for the second part of your question - if you want to see newsletter sign-ups as a goal then you need to add it manually in your GA view - use event type goal and fill the necessary fields as you have it in your event (Category, Action, Label). Just make sure to test your goal before saving it - there is small link in that window labeled "Verify your goal".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Filtro,

Thanks for your reply.

I have inserted the code but still couldn't see any progress in google analytic. I got 7 subscriptions in my list but google analytic is showing zero.

Can you please review the code here - http://bit.ly/28WyhLc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Olgierd,

Can you please check if I did it correctly - http://bit.ly/2912WZx

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sarjant,

It looks like you did it correctly. I would only insert event value as "Equals to 1" as you have it explicitly specified in the code or left it empty - GA will capture conversion anyway. It's because you don't need to fill all the fields, only those that are unique for the goal that you want to measure. If you fill in all the fields then all of them must match for Analytics to count conversion.