Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics Postback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am looking to install Google analytics for my website. I understand that I can track the funnel metrics and also complete post backs for Mobile app. I'd like to understand if you also offer a postback mechanism for websites as well. I am looking to invest in digital marketing for my website and I'd like to understand where the traffic is coming from, so I can post back to the ad network to optimise the campaigns for conversion. Is this possible using the Free tool?

Many Thanks 

Ranjani

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics Postback

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Ranjani,

Postbacks are available for many ad networks. Postbacks are also available in social reporting but it's a fuzzy inaccurate representation of where your site is getting links.

For other ad networks you'll want to utilize campaign tagging. More on that here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863?hl=en

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

And yes it's available in the free version.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Google analytics Postback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ranjini,

I have a very similar requirement. Were you able to find a way to set up a postback for tracking conversions on mobile websites using GA?

Google analytics Postback

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ranjani - google analytics has a postback feature, but limited to certain ad networks. It's unfortunate, as most ad networks can provide postback. Have you considered using a tracking software which provides this feature regardless of the ad networks you are advertising on?

Good luck!

Laurent