AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager and Event Tracking (Vimeo videos)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to Google Tag Manager and I'm trying to get video tracking set up for the embedded Vimeo vids on our site (using the vimeo.ga.js plug-in). There seems to be a conflict with the video code on our site when I try to use the GTM version, perhaps b/c our Wordpress theme requires JQuery 1.12? Has anyone else had a problem with this? Is there an easy work-around? Appreciate the advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager and Event Tracking (Vimeo videos)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Melanie :-)
What version of the tracking code is your site currently using? The current version is Universal analytics.js.
I'm assuming you have the analytics tracking setup via GTM - is that correct?

I also notice you mention the vimeo.ga.js plug-in wont be compatible with analytics.js
they both use different syntaxs for event tracking etc.

The following is a current article that hopefully should help you
https://www.cardinalpath.com/vimeo-tracking-with-google-tag-manager/
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Google Tag Manager and Event Tracking (Vimeo videos)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll check that out. Thank you so much for the quick response!