AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager Event Form Submission help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

My goal is to track the form submission of 1 of the 2 forms that exist in my homepage for https://www.digitalhmarketing.com using TAG Manager and A google Analytics custom goal. My process didn't work.  I outlined it here. Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong, please?

1) Created a Goal in Analytics. Called "Submitted a Newsletter Form EVENT"

Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.00.53.png

1.5) Filled out the following way:

Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.07.42.png

2) Switched over to Tag Manager and first created a Tag that looked like this:

Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.11.37.png3) Created a Trigger for the tag that looks like this:

Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.15.10.png

Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.16.57.png4) A variable that looks like this:Screenshot 2017-04-16 17.19.30.pngI did a test by submitting a form and I cannot get that conversion to be tracked. 

Any reason why??

Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Tag Manager Event Form Submission help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Hector C,

I haven't had a chance to look thoroughly at your tags, but the first think I notice is that you have a "Value of Greater than 0", but in your event itself, you set it with a value of exactly 0. So there is that consistency that may be breaking your conversions. Try to fix that and report back here. If you're still having issues, we can take another look.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn