AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics metric values are available only for group of metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I am new in this community and I am not sure is my question is reasonable to put in this category or in code implementation...

I faced to problems in pulling Analytics metrics for particular filters and don't know how identify the reason:

1. I am using service account for pulling metrics for master view of web property programmatically.

2. I am able to pull metrics with filtering for

group 1 (ga:sessions, ga:users, gaSmiley Tongueageviews, ga:bounceRate)

group 2 (ga:transactions,ga:transactionRevenue, ga:itemQuantity, ga:adsenseRevenue)

3. filter example is ga:source==xxx;ga:medium==xxx;ga:campaign==xxx;ga:adContent==xxx;ga:keyword==xxx..

The problem is that for same filter either result for group1 is empty or for group 2...

I have tested with https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/ and result is same , I have empty values

either for sessions and with other filtering vice versa ..

I want to identify the reason, because the same page is logging information to GA ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics metric values are available only for group of met

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sergey,

Take a look at the Google Analytics dimensions and metrics explorer [1] and click on 'expand all' and 'only show allowed in segments'. There are a lot of invalid combinations that might explain in your missing results here.

Christoph

[1] https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets