Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics is duplicating ecommerce transactions and adding different products to the order

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, I place an order on my website for one product, and continue all the way through checkout successfully.  It is recorded successfully and correctly in my CMS. I then look in GA, Ecommerce -> transactions, and for my order ID, GA has added one other product (purchased 12 times) to the transaction?

Another example, is i order one product, and GA transaction ID says I have purchased 3 of them?

The other day, when i refreshed my GA transactions page, the number of transactions actually decreased from what it said before the page refresh, which i did not think was possible?

We changed the Google code to load last on the page (asynchronously) and also removed it from being optimised by the work we carried out the other day (which was to increase page load speed), but this has still not fixed the issue.  We are using Worldpay gateway.

Any ideas? thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics is duplicating ecommerce transactions and adding different products to the order

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This sounds like a tracking code error. Can you share the tracking code you're using? 

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan