Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics has suddenly stopped tracking goal conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

The Google Analytics for my client's website stopped tracking goal conversions all of a sudden. I have a destination goal set up (eg. contact form thank you page) which has been successful in tracking conversions for a number of years now and I have never had a tracking issue with it before.

I have checked and the google analytics code is implemented properly and working correctly throughout the whole website. Traffic figures haven't been affected, only those for conversions.  The contact form is set up to a dedicated email address so we do have an accurate way in finding out the number of leads gathered by the contact form each month. However, Google Analytics is no longer tracking these.  

Does anyone know why this may be happening or have any suggestions of what issues I should be looking out for? 

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have any filters been applied to the GA View?

Is the goal still set to active in the GA goal config section of the interface?

Have you checked that the form is still forwarding to the correct/same url for the thank you page?

What sort of website is it? Is it hosted by Wix or a similar host.. or is it self hosted WordPress or another CMS on the client's domain?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

The only filters that are applied in the GA view are IP addresses and ISP domains for spam referral traffic.

I checked and the goal is still active in the GA goal configuration section and the URL for the contact form thank you page is correct. 

It is a WordPress website 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lea M :-)
Have best practices been followed with the original default View not having any filters applied?

Is it possible to provide the url of the website so i can take a look via browser? and the url of the form thank you page? 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here