AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics glitch that changes slug for tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have noticed a weird glitch happening on our Google Analytics account. 

It seems that all of our website URLs have a /home/ slug placed at the end of each URL. As a result, we aren’t able to track our google analytics forms as we have set it up using thank you URLs - since the URLs on Google Analytics have a /home/ slug at the end of each URL, it’s affecting the Google Conversion Tracking Funnels. There are other options for tracking, but I just find this glitch a little strange...

See attached for reference.

image001.png 

Have you seen this before? Please share your thoughts at your convenience.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you have any filters in place on this view? Do you have an unfiltered view to which you can can compare this one?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please check also if you put "home" into the Default Page field in Admin -> View -> View Settings. If you did, removing it will resolve the problem. Let me know if this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Google Analytics glitch that changes slug for tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was it. Thank you so much!