Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics and AdWords Tracking Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Friends,

Have a good day to all. I am new to this group. But i have been in webmaster forum for past 3 years.  My doubt in Google Analytics is, 

Google Analytics.pngGoogle AnalyticsIn this image, I can't able to track ad-words traffic, but I linked ad-words account in Analytics. 

Here it is showing like Organic Search - Transaction and Revenue, whether it is from PPC or organic? How to identify. Lots of confusion. Please anyone clarify. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santhosh s
April 2016

Re: Google Analytics and AdWords Tracking Report

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santhosh,

Also, make sure auto-tagging is enabled for your account. If you use manual tagging, the number will be in a different place, under traffic/sources/campaigns.

If Auto-tagging is disabled and you haven't manually tagged the destination URL's, most traffic will appear as Google organic.

To enable/disable auto-tagging:

1>Sign in to your AdWords account.
2>Click the gear icon, and select Account settings.
3>Make sure you're on the Preferences tab, and click Edit in the Tracking section.
4>Select (enable) or clear (disable) the Destination URL Auto-tagging checkbox.
Click Save changes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh,

This has been happening with alarming speed to me and clients that I work with.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why its happening either.

My only suggestions are below;
1. Check that you have linked AdWords to analytics within AdWords
2. Check that you have linked AdWords and analytics withing Analytics
3. Check that you have enabled auto-tagging
4. Check that your website does not have redirects as this can cause misattribution of your data (usually its then attributed to the direct channel)
5. Refesh your links to all of the above
6. Refresh your analytics code across the entire site (and make sure it is on every page as this can cause tracking errors too)
7. Try using Google Tag Manager to track your traffic instead (this seems to have worked for me where all else has failed).

Good luck!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santhosh s
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santhosh,

Also, make sure auto-tagging is enabled for your account. If you use manual tagging, the number will be in a different place, under traffic/sources/campaigns.

If Auto-tagging is disabled and you haven't manually tagged the destination URL's, most traffic will appear as Google organic.

To enable/disable auto-tagging:

1>Sign in to your AdWords account.
2>Click the gear icon, and select Account settings.
3>Make sure you're on the Preferences tab, and click Edit in the Tracking section.
4>Select (enable) or clear (disable) the Destination URL Auto-tagging checkbox.
Click Save changes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Buddy. Thanks for your reply. I left a mail to client. Let you know once client replied. I too hoping for positive result.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mr. Patrick, Ha Ha, Thanks Friend. Will follow your steps. Client is having ad-word account details, I left a mail to client. Hoping for +ve result.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks santosh. Now it is working fine.