Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Traffic Distribution in A/B Test Content Experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'd like to set up an A/B split test with two separate URLs and have 50% of traffic go to the control and the other 50% to the variant. To clarify, do I set this up in content experiments by setting "Percentage of traffic to experiment" to 50% then select "Distribute traffic evenly across all variants" to ON?  

Also wondering how Google Analytics keeps track of which users see which result? For example, if one user arrives and sees the variant page, is that the page they would see if they come back in a new session using cookies?  

If I could get more information about this as soon as possible that'd be very helpful.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex N
February 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alex,

Please try "Percentage of traffic to experiment" is 100%.
If you turn on the "Distribute traffic evenly across all variants" item, the traffic will be allocated at 50:50.

The user's cookie records which pattern was displayed, and the same pattern is used when re-visiting.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex N
February 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alex,

Please try "Percentage of traffic to experiment" is 100%.
If you turn on the "Distribute traffic evenly across all variants" item, the traffic will be allocated at 50:50.

The user's cookie records which pattern was displayed, and the same pattern is used when re-visiting.

Thanks.