Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Friends,

I have one doubt like my client website having tracking code, using plugin in back-end they used this code. But last 5 days the code is not tracking in analytics, when i checked in website the code is present. There are 2 analytics know, old version and new version. What I did is -> deleted the plugin and added new analytics code in wordpress back-end under header section in "Editor". The new code is showing in front-end no issue, but the old code is still showing in front-end but without UA code.

-----------------------------------------------***--------------------------------------

I know this is funny to ask -> one question like I set filter for spam traffic in analytics, after this the problem arises, is there any link between these ones. I have define spam traffic nothing else.     

How to remove old code version -> I have checked everywhere but don't know where it is present.

Please anyone provide me solution for this issue. Thanks in advance.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Tracking Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Do you have an unfiltered view? It's a good practice to have a view without any filters for backup and for checking your filtered view against raw data.

As the first step check your tracking tag using the Google Tag Assistant or the GA debugger Chrome extension. If your tracking tag is working properly then most likely your spam filters are not set up properly. Remove the filters and check if the data appears. If everything is OK without the filters, you can set up the anti spam filters properly as described in the article below.

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Set up the filters on a test view before applying them to your main view to see if they are working properly.
And as I mentioned above, always keep an unfiltered view.

The old tracking code is added by a plugin, try to disable them one by one to see which one inserted it.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital