AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Refunds import - data not appearing in reports

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm doing Refund imports for duplicate transactions.  The files upload to GA fine without any issues but the data is not coming through.  A previous test with one refund only worked fine. The files I'm importing have these scenarios:

File 1

Data for one month has duplicate transactions data where:

1. The original transaction was enhanced ecommerce and the duplicate was also enhanced ecommerce
  2. The original transaction was standard ecommerce but the duplicate was enhanced ecommerce
  3. Both the original and duplicate transactions were standard ecommerce.

In this scenario, would the whole import fail or would it refund data for 1 and 2 (or just 1)?

File 2

Data for one month has duplicate transactions data where:

1. The original transaction was enhanced ecommerce and the duplicate was also enhanced ecommerce
  2. The original transaction was standard ecommerce but the duplicate was enhanced ecommerce

In this scenario, would the whole import fail or would it refund data for 1 and 2 (or just 1)?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Refunds import - data not appearing in reports

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Nick,

It's hard to say why any of it would not be working as there are different values you could send in your data import or you could just do a total refund. 

Have you adjusted your date range to include the date you added the refunds? - that is, the refunds show on the date they are processed not in the date range of the original transaction.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn