AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics - Product Performance Report, zero revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

since I started to use enhanced eCommerce tracking for my shop, I see products with zero revenue in the Product Performance Report. My assumption is, that products which were tracked within the checkout process but not bought, are displayed by GA with zero revenue?

Can someone please confirm my guess or tell me the real cause if I am wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Mimi

Re: Google Analytics - Product Performance Report, zero revenue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michaela,
Let's go over the analysis together :-)
You should first create a segment which use condition "Enhanced Ecommerce - product contains XYZ"
Then go to Shopping Analysis>Shopping Behavior report. Filter out this segment.

From the report, we can see that zero revenue can mean:
1) No one actually search/see the product (sessions with product views=0)
2) people see the product but not add to cart (sessions with add to cart=0)
3) People add to cart, but do not begin the check out process (sessions with Checkout=0)
3) People begin checkout, but not finish the process (sessions with transactions=0)

Drop-off rate is key metric here.
People may drop off at different steps along with your funnel for different reasons. So your solutions can be very different.
You can also analyze Checkout Behavior report for further drill-down.

Let me know if any question.
Thanks!

Marko