Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics - Goals Showing as (not set)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working with a fairly large website that has goal tracking installed for it's contact forms. Unfortunately, I am unable to see the traffic sources sending the conversions as it shows (not set) under acquisition sources or (entrance) under goal overview.

I know that they are getting a lot of form fills, but it concerns me that I can't see the traffic sources. Any thoughts as to why this is not showing up correctly?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olivia D
April 2016

Re: Google Analytics - Goals Showing as (not set)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jared,
(not set) denotes that Google Analytics didn’t receive any information for the item (dimension) you selected. It’s generally associated with any direct/referral visit, since it does not have campaign information such as keyword, match type, etc. associated with the visit.

**In Traffic Sources: like Search (Organic) reports, this might be due to incorrectly set referral patterns or use of urchin.js on landing pages, which is an outdated version of the Analytics tracking code.***

You can also check this post @ http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2015/06/25/11-places-google-analytics-not-set/

hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olivia D
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jared,
(not set) denotes that Google Analytics didn’t receive any information for the item (dimension) you selected. It’s generally associated with any direct/referral visit, since it does not have campaign information such as keyword, match type, etc. associated with the visit.

**In Traffic Sources: like Search (Organic) reports, this might be due to incorrectly set referral patterns or use of urchin.js on landing pages, which is an outdated version of the Analytics tracking code.***

You can also check this post @ http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2015/06/25/11-places-google-analytics-not-set/

hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh,

Thank you for the quick reply and for the helpful resource. After looking through their GA, I realized they were using the old javascript tracking code. Upon updating this, the conversion tracking started showing date.

Thanks so much!
Jared