2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics (Goal)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question... Can anyone please elaborate what extactly this screenshot is showing...

1234.jpg

I have setup-ed a Goal with Template "Place an Order" and the order price i have setup is $500... Now analytics is showing goal value is $16000... Is that real conversions or something else??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics (Goal)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, sachin w., can you include a screenshot of your goal configuration?

The report you see is just your goal conversions report, for all goals that converted between (what looks to be ) April 6 and April 11. It represents all of your goal conversions, and the aggregated conversion value (that you set) for all goals ($15,000). So if you set values for your goals, then when those goals convert they are assigned that particular monetary value that you determined in the goal config. I'm not sure what you mean by "real conversions". If you're asking if those are actual revenue, that my guess is that it's likely not. You shouldn't be using goals to determine your ecomm revenue. In GA, you should set up standard or enhanced ecommerce tracking to give you a more accurate revenue number.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn