AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Experiment data> Differences in transactions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a splittest via Experiements in GA. I have set up a goal> counting transactions. 

However I see different number of transactions on the ecommerce overview in the property view and the transactions recorded in the splittest. The difference is +/- 20 transactions. Do you know what could be the reason for that?

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zlatomira K
February 2016

Re: Google Analytics Experiment data> Differences in transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On which page is your experiment being run?

Your experiment reports will show only on users that had contact with the experiment page. Your ecommerce overview will show all transactions, regardless of whether a user saw the experiment or not.

Does this explain the difference you're seeing?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zlatomira K
February 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On which page is your experiment being run?

Your experiment reports will show only on users that had contact with the experiment page. Your ecommerce overview will show all transactions, regardless of whether a user saw the experiment or not.

Does this explain the difference you're seeing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Rhys,

Yes actually it makes sense right now!
I have set up the index pages ( 2 webshop designs) for original URL and variation URL. As the goal is to track transaction, the experiment is supposed to track all orders that have started from the index pages. However in this way I am missing the data for users who have landed on a different page(not the index page) and converted on the website.

Thank you a lot!