AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics E-commerce Data is Missing (Only 1 transaction)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got an e-commerce client who asked about a transaction that wasn't tracked.  He's only had three transactions in the past month, and two were accurately reported but I've got no idea why the third one wasn't.  Is there a resource detailing possible reasons for this?  I've looked around and seen one potential answer which involved the customer not staying on the page long enough for the transaction success to be registered and reported. What other factors commonly affect whether the transaction is registered or not?  Any help would be really, really appreciated.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics E-commerce Data is Missing (Only 1 transaction)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

It can also happen that there are other javascript resources on the page that delay firing the ecommerce tracking code, the user is using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or they have javascript disabled. There can also be communication issues between the site and the GA servers. I'd say around 5% of missing transactions in GA is acceptable. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital