Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics: Discrepancy between total sales on GA vs Shopify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My total sales number under Conversions --> Goal Value is a few hundred bucks lower than my total sales in Shopify for the same period. Can anyone provide some insights as to why GA might be missing some sales?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Dhruv J,

What % of discrepancy is this? Part of using Google Analytics is the understanding that it will not match 100% to other tools that you may be using, whether that's pageviews, events hits, ecommerce transactions, social shares, etc. If you can get the ecommerce discrepancy to within 5% or so, then you're doing good. Although I'm sure is was intended to be exact, but due to the dynamic nature of many things, it won't be exact.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clients log sales into their own sales database. Ask for a file of this information to see how much of product A was purchased and how much of product B. Then you can cross compare the sales results to understand the true ROI value of all the services they provide. If this is an ongoing metric you would like to monitor you could research some API's that may help make comparing these sheets easier.