AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Campaign Link Tags not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I am sending out some emails with links (to Facebook videos) and want to know how many people click on them. I did the whole thing on the Campaign URL Builder (https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/) but when I go to my Analytics page (acquisition > campaigns) the links don't appear...

What am I doing wrong?

Looking forward to your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sophie K
November 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

That's right. GA tracking can only be associated with GA, meaning you have access to a GA account whose Web Property has an ID, say UA-11111111-1 and this same ID is in the GA tracking code in all pages on your site. Anything you see on the GA interface which you access is the result of what happens on your site. UA-11111111-1 is what links interface and site.

Hope it helps. 

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Just to double check, are these videos hosted on your site? Do users go to your site as a result of email link clicks?

In order for you to see GA stats related to campaign tracking applied to email links, clicks must lead to the site on which GA has been implemented. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rodrigues, thank you for your answer. I am sending an email with a link to someone else's Facebook page. So the link does not lead to my site. Does this mean that I can not track it?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sophie K
November 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

That's right. GA tracking can only be associated with GA, meaning you have access to a GA account whose Web Property has an ID, say UA-11111111-1 and this same ID is in the GA tracking code in all pages on your site. Anything you see on the GA interface which you access is the result of what happens on your site. UA-11111111-1 is what links interface and site.

Hope it helps. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Use goo.gl to track your clicks for offsite links.  Goo.gl will keep track of basic clicks but no other pertinent data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi R Rodrigues!

I was wondering if you knew how to delete a campaign in GA not Adwords?

Thanks, Jessica