Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytic Data Layer Not Collecting Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

We are facing a problem with Data layer. We are using Universal Analytics and using GTM as tagging method.

Currently GA has stopped collecting e-commerce data. However when I run GTM in debug mode it shows data layers is triggering on right location and collecting correct data. This is creating a problem for us to track the campaign performance from all the sources. Any help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

As always thanks in advance for effort.

Thanks

SG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

if you check Tag Assistant recordings or via Google Analytics Real Time reports are you able to see the transaction event?

No changes made that could contribute to the issue? 

Do you get any transactions?

More details you can provide the faster this can get solved.

thank you

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Antti,

We did check the GTM tag & triggers via Debug mode and everything is being recorded, by which I can say GTM is set up proerly.

Yes we do get sale every day...

Thanks

Sourav

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

So you can see everything ok in GTM but GA shows no transactions? 0 transactions? 

I suspect that it is either the payload sent to GA or settings in GA that prevent data accumulating to the reports. Can you paste one of the transactions here? It can be comma error or special character. 

--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Antti,

When you say transaction data do you mean the Data layer screen shot? Please advice..

Thanks

SG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

That would do I guess but the best would be the URL itself.

If you have Tag Assistant you can record the transaction and from the report you can find the URL that contains all the data:

https://www.google-analytics.com/collect...

--