Analytics
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Smart Goals

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

My AdWords account have conversion tracking pixel in place and conversions are tracking properly. When Google announced Smart Goals feature, I just want a try and enabled smart goals in Analytics as per the process defined in Google Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6153083?hl=en). My Google AdWords account is already linked to Analytics account and as per the guidelines given in the above link Smart Goals will track under Tools > Conversions > Google Analytics tab and when we click the check box and click import then only it will populate under conversions data.

But strangely, After 2 weeks of enabling Smart Goals, all my predefined Goals data is automatically added to conversion data and started displaying in AdWords interface (Segment by Conversion Action Report). I am unable to figure out how this happens without importing any Goals data into AdWords.

Also, I have some more questions in my mind -

1) Once we have predefined conversion tracking, will Google tracks smart goals also apart from the regular conversion tracking? (This doubt raised when I am not seeing any smart goal data under Google Analytics tab in AdWords)

2) When I enable Smart Goals in Analytics, will predefined goals also will import to conversion data automatically?

3) Why I am not seeing any Smart Goals data under Google Analytics tab in AdWords even after enabling in Analytics?

Please feel free to ask if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,

Karim SK.