AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals with multiple steps(events)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to create a goal that is tracked when a user completed 2 or more GTM events. Is this possible? From what I can tell, you can only do multi-step goals using the funnels feature. That feature doesn't provide the flexibility that I'm looking for. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kellen L
July 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kellen L,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to define an event sequence as a goal in Google Analytics currently. 

You can create a sequence segments to include the events that you want to see as a goal. The number of sessions in your report will give you the goal completions and you divide it by total sessions to calculate the conversion rate.

Alternatively, you can send the event when user performs particular activities on your website and define a goal based on this event but you need some coding skills to achieve this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kellen L
July 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kellen L,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to define an event sequence as a goal in Google Analytics currently. 

You can create a sequence segments to include the events that you want to see as a goal. The number of sessions in your report will give you the goal completions and you divide it by total sessions to calculate the conversion rate.

Alternatively, you can send the event when user performs particular activities on your website and define a goal based on this event but you need some coding skills to achieve this.

I hope this helps.

Regards