Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals to track conversions from sources with utm code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I would like to ask for your help on goal set up for a campaign page. I need to track conversions (sign up) form specific sources which have an assigned utm code.

Goal works perfectly if customer comes to landing page directly - goal destination set to equals:   /swe/turist/mat-dryck/kampanj2016?thankyou=1 

The problem is that most sources are blogs which have utm code so the customer arrival address converts to:

/swe/turist/mat-dryck/kampanj2016?utm_source=jeanette&utm_campaign=SWEsygis2016&utm_medium=blog

and after sign up the thank you page address appears as follows:

/swe/turist/mat-dryck/kampanj2016?utm_source=jeanette&utm_campaign=SWEsygis2016&utm_medium=blog?thankyou=1

I tried to create new goal sets with destination pages set to:

/swe/turist/mat-dryck/kampanj2016?utm_source=jeanette&utm_campaign=SWEsygis2016&utm_medium=blog?thankyou=1

and: blog?thankyou=1

But the conversions don't work - that is I see from the landing page the traffic source  but not the conversions (goals). 

Any ideas how could I get the conversions to be counted from pages with utm source codes?

Thank you very much for ideas and help

Kristina 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kristina,

Please try to set your goal as "Regular expression" and put "thankyou=1" into the field.

Let me know if this works.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Arnold,

thank you for answering. I updated the goal destination as you recommended on saturday but seems it still does not count the conversions. 

Kristina