AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals for Page report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Why can't you see goals in the Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages report but you can see them for the Landing Pages report?

Also, when you see a goal associated with a Landing Page (or a page) does that just mean they landed on that page first before eventually completing the goal?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Goals for Page report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @nathan h - simply said it would be hard to attribute a goal to a specific page as multiple pages may happen inside a session. It works with Landing page as the LP is set only once per session and this is how a goal works as well it can only be 0 and 1 for each session. 

When you see goal completion tied to a Landing page - you can explain it by saying that in a session where the Landing Page in question was N a goal completion happened. 

Hope it helps. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Goals for Page report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zorin 

Yes that  makes sense. So there is no real way to show how a page contributed to goal conversion other than when it is a Landing Page?

Thanks

Goals for Page report

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi - there is a chance to do that kind of analysis / attribution in 2 ways:

1) Assign Goal value to each goal which will in return populate Page value metric 

2) create a segment where goal X completion > 0 and you will see pages from all sessions where a goal was completed

Probably more but these are the simplest ones to use - though 1) will not historically populate the metric so it will be accessible from the point the value is assigned onward.

Kind regards,

Zorin 

Re: Goals for Page report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey

i see. It's just that I am trying to create a table in Data Studio looking at how many goals each Content Grouping on my site completes. This appears to work with the Landing Page version of the Content Group (Landing Content Group) Dimension but not the standard Content Group (which I assume is the Page report version) which doesn't show any goals. It only shows (no set) goal completions.

Campus Principal Reports.png

Is there any way to adjust this so that Goal Completion are shown against these Content Groups?

Thanks again

Goals for Page report

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @nathan h unfortunately, in short, no. If you want to report goal completion tied to a page then use page value instead OR go session level and use landing page content grouping (this answers a different question though).

Kind regards,

Zorin