Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals for Funnel and Flow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've set up my goals to analyze my conversion with the help of a funnel visualization. The isse I'm having is, that the destination page has a lot of entries from other pages which GA takes into account with the conversion rate shown at the bottom. This pretty much messes up my numbers and does not reflect the real conversion which is a bit of a problem. Is there anyway that I can say no other entries than through the funnel are allowed on the destination page? Is there another way on how to achieve this?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Maria

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goals for Funnel and Flow

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI Maria,

Any visitor to the destination (goal) page will fire the goal. That said, you could check the box in the funnel settings for the vis report for 1st step required. That does not change the conversions, it just affects that visualization.

That said, the funnel viz report is outdated and has weaknesses, I would use the goal flow report and try to dig into why you have entrances where you don't expect.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn