Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals aren't matching up with the Goal Funnel report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

Looking for a help here. 

Goal overview number for submit form goal is coming 350 & when I check funnel completion the number is coming up 250 and which is also matching with backend data. Discrepancy coming is 100

So, why goal overview numbers are higher and incorrect? As to check other marketing channel performance GA is using this 'goal overview' numbers which are incorrect. 

Thanks in advance

Sweta

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goals aren't matching up with the Goal Funnel report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
With the goal funnel setup, is the first step of the funnel required?
For th goal completion, are site visitors able to refresh, revisit, bookmark the submission confirmation page/url?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes to all questions. I am now sure that the confirmation page is re-visited again via refresh or another way. Is there a possible way to filter / stopped that?

How can I reach to correct number?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Only the goal funnel report is affected by first step being required.
All other goal reports will report goals as expected. - converting once per session
What if you were to use Custom Dimensions set at User level when someone converts, that
will stay with them until such times as they clear their cookies, or come back on a different device etc.
That can then be used in custom reports or advanced segments

I find the following two part article a long read but good reference
http://www.whymeasurethat.com/2013/08/16/custom-dimensions-and-metrics-part-1-concepts/
http://www.whymeasurethat.com/2013/08/21/custom-dimensions-and-metrics-part-2-implementation-and-res...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here