AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals are not readable correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Goals are not readable correctly.
Hello, help me to understand why the goals are not readable correctly. At our website the page "Thank you for purchasing" is single for three types of addresses in US, England and Germany. In order to understand what address type was being used by our client, we set up virtual addresses on "Thank you for purchasing" webpage.
/ Virtual / ru / buy-via-foreign-address / payment-success / US /
/ Virtual / ru / buy-via-foreign-address / payment-success / DE /
/ Virtual / ru / buy-via-foreign-address / payment-success / GB /
where US DE and GB are national identifiers.
Testing this I performed 5 purchases for each country, but as the result I can see only 3 goals achieved instead of 15. Why such a big difference exists and how do I get the Google Analytics to consider the goal achieved every time the person has reached the page "Thank you for your purchase"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goals are not readable correctly.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Grada S.,

You can only have one goal conversion per session. So it does not matter if you go to each page 5 times it's still only one conversion. Sessions last, by default, 30 minutes.

You would have to clear all GA cookies and initiate again. That said, if it's a purchase you may want to consider using e-commerce as you can have multiple calls per session.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good afternoon.
Do these restrictions apply to virtual pages, or even to all the Google Analytics?
Except as e-commerce can we read otherwise the number of visits (targets) in a single session?
Tell me how can we use e-commerce if we do not have a fixed price for the goods and there is no products catalog, as well as in our website about 10 third-part payment systems exist ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Grada S,

Any goal that you create and configure (virtual pageview or not) can only have one conversion per session. The benefit of ecommerce (for non ecommerce sites) is that, for example, you have all whitepapers under a common thank you page; you would see one goal conversion if someone downloaded 1 or 50. Ecommerce would allow you to fire a transaction each time and you would have a better idea of true user behavior.

Whether or not you want to do that really depends on your site and in your case, a third party checkout that may or may not allow you to add tracking code configured for cross domain.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn