Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals are Not Recording for Internal Pages

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

We Created a Separate account for web site Internal Pages, Goals setup for those accounts separately, traffic is coming properly but goals are not recording for those accounts.

In Goal setup, I have given Goal Details >Destination> Begins with (/thankyou.html/).

Internal Page URL:  https://www.y-axis.com/visa/

Regards,

Xavier

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Xavier,

what do you mean by 'internal pages' in your case?

I've done a quick test on your landing page and it sends me to a thank-you page that doesn't contain a '/' at the end of thankyou.html. So, you should remove the trailing '/' in your goal definition.

However, it seems to be an immediate redirection to another page (preferences). In this way, you will usually loose a lot of data - depending of what comes first, analytics tracking or page redirect. Try to pin down your goals with pages that aren't redirected at all.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Xavier,

what do you mean by 'internal pages' in your case?

I've done a quick test on your landing page and it sends me to a thank-you page that doesn't contain a '/' at the end of thankyou.html. So, you should remove the trailing '/' in your goal definition.

However, it seems to be an immediate redirection to another page (preferences). In this way, you will usually loose a lot of data - depending of what comes first, analytics tracking or page redirect. Try to pin down your goals with pages that aren't redirected at all.

Christoph