Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals and conversion code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. If I have a goal url set up - .e.g. www.example.com, will it still fire and be counted if I also add conversion codes -e.g. ?www.example.com/utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=dec-16&utm_medium=em&utm_content=story1

Does the goal tracking ignore these additional codes when reporting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul S
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paul,

When you have set goal as 'example.com/'
It will get counted as goal when someone lands on www.example.com/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=dec-16&utm_medium=em&utm_content=story1

You can also verify by doing a test goal completion and looking at real time > Conversion stats. (as normal goal reports might take time to update)

Thanks,
Ritwik

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paul,

Analytics will strip off the utm parameters and will show you clean URLs.
These parameters are available as (Source, Medium,Campaign, etc) dimensions.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. So we get the utm stats on one report, and then the Goal with the clean URL is also counted as well?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul S
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paul,

When you have set goal as 'example.com/'
It will get counted as goal when someone lands on www.example.com/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=dec-16&utm_medium=em&utm_content=story1

You can also verify by doing a test goal completion and looking at real time > Conversion stats. (as normal goal reports might take time to update)

Thanks,
Ritwik