Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goals and Conversions aren't matching up

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I see that this question has been answered a few times in this forum but I'm still confused. The only goals I created for my account is when a customer purchases a product. However, goals don't always equal a number of transactions I have. In my case (see attachment I have 8 goals of placing an order, but 10 transactions).

Additionally, I set up a sales funnel (not required), but see zero conversions (on this particular day). Could someone explain to me what's going on?

From what I can make of it is that 8 unique people place orders but I'm guessing two people went back to order which is why I have 10 transactions & 8 goals. I'm not too sure what to think about the multi-channel funnel.

Converisons.JPGEcommerce overview.JPGGoals Overview.JPG

Goals and Conversions aren't matching up

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I believe that Google Analytics only tracks goal conversions once per session. So if a user made a purchase and then in the same session made another, it would only count that as one conversion. If you compare that with your actual sales data, can you see that someone made multiple purchase in roughly the same time frame?