Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal tracking when not a URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a quote tool on our website and want to track whenever this is used in analytics. The issue we're having is that the URL doesn't change when the form is successfully completed. The text on screen changes to thank the user for submitting the quote, but the URL always stays the same. They're not redirected to another page.

Is it possible to add some goal tracking code to the 'success' text so that this can be tracked? 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Paul,

In this case, I suggest you to trigger a Google Analytics event when user uses the quote tool and create an event type goal instead of destination type. With this way, you can also see how many times your quote tool is being used during user's sessions.

Regards,

Güney

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this. 

How is this possible? The quote tool is on various page and not just on its own dedicated page.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I do not know how your quote tool works or looks like but what you can do is binding a JavaScript function that triggers a google analytics event ( For example: ga('send', 'event', 'Quote Tool', 'Tool Clicked', 'some more info'); ) when user uses the tool.

Note:The information that you need to send with the event depends on your use case.

You can read more about google analytics events through following link: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events