Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal tracking and destination URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Googlers!

I'm Looking for some advise surrounding goal tracking within our account. 

OUr website is structured in such a way that we have two forms ( 'used-cars/form1' and 'used-cars/form2') both have different fields and needs to be tracked separately. The forms, when completed, get directed to a 'used-cars/thank-you' page the same thankyou page. im having trouble in working out how i can track the form enquieries. i have looked at 'exact match' beings with' and now regular expression.

I must also mention this is part of a used car feed and has unique ID number after the structured website URL i.e 'used-cars/form2/1347326-model'

So using the beings with and funnel the individual forms? Althing this is double counting. 

i can provide more info - should anyone think tehy might be able to help. 

thanks 

S

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal tracking and destination URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Create 2 funnel goals, in the first, make step 1 Begins with used-cars/form1/ and step 2 is the used-cars/thank-you.
In the second, make step 1 Begins with used-cars/form2/ and step 2 is the used-cars/thank-you.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mike, i will put this in action.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Mike,

Still set them as required?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Mike, 

The Goals are still being added to each one due to them using the same 'thank-you' page. 

As you as can see:

Thank you page 

/used-cars/thank-you/

Form1

/used-cars/enquiry/

Form2

/used-cars/book-a-test-drive/

After the URL structure it then has ID values relating to the feed - this is why i set with 'beings with'

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 10.16.50.png

any help would be great! 

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 10.09.55.png