AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal setup. Same destination URL for different goals gets duplicated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

as described in title, so:

Goal 1:
step1: /paid
step2: /checkout
destination URL: /thank-you

Goal 2:
step1: /free
step2: /checkout
destination URL: /thank-you

Was looking around but didn't find an answer, worth to mention that the first goal completion results in a paid product.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks !

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Konstantinos M,

You can mark your steps as 'required' on your goal settings but this will solve your conversion problem only in funnel visualization report (not in Goal Flow or others) as far as I know.

You should provide a query parameter on your thank you page that differentiates paid and free goals or simply you can try to have 2 different thank you pages.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guney, 

thanks for your answer. You are right, turning on the `required` option works only for the funnel visualisation report.
Changing the query parameter is a bit tricky so I was wondering if I can solve that issue via GA.