1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Zorin Radovancevic (RS).

Question: Hi, I have setup a Goal to count the number of people registering an account on our site (see Pic1). This a Destination goal for everyone who goes to the URL ^/account/thanks via ^/account/register (this has been set as required).

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.33.21 PM.png

I know from a separate system that people have registered an account since I turned this on. And I know from the All Pages report that people are accessing these two pages (see Pic2 and Pic3) so I don't understand why by goal is registering no completions. Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.35.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.36.38 PM.png

Answer:  

Hi, begins with match does not support regex expressions which you have in goal destination and funnel steps using ^/ - so removing ^ will probably help or change Begins with to Regex matching.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
If you have any questions, post them below, or start a new discussion.

Re: Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
If you have any questions, post them below, or start a new discussion.