AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Zorin Radovancevic (RS).

Question: Hi, I have setup a Goal to count the number of people registering an account on our site (see Pic1). This a Destination goal for everyone who goes to the URL ^/account/thanks via ^/account/register (this has been set as required).

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.33.21 PM.png

I know from a separate system that people have registered an account since I turned this on. And I know from the All Pages report that people are accessing these two pages (see Pic2 and Pic3) so I don't understand why by goal is registering no completions. Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.35.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 1.36.38 PM.png

Answer:  

Hi, begins with match does not support regex expressions which you have in goal destination and funnel steps using ^/ - so removing ^ will probably help or change Begins with to Regex matching.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
If you have any questions, post them below, or start a new discussion.

Re: Goal not completing

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
If you have any questions, post them below, or start a new discussion.