AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal is Not Tracking Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions in regards of implementing a goal on Analytics that linked with website.

Basically, I want to track click to call on one of my webpage.

so the webpage is, www.camheating.com/ac-repair-scarborough.

The code I used on my phone number is,

<a href="tel:4167504363" onClick=:ga('send', 'event', {eventCategory: 'Phone Lead', eventAction: 'Click', eventLabel: 'Call'});">(416) 750-4363</a></span> </p>

In GA, I created a goal as an event.

Category: Phone Lead

Action: Click

Label: Call

When I click on the phone number on my website, it opens up some dialpad etc. but it does not showing a conversion in "Real Time" section in GA. Is this something I am missing out?

P.S. I already tried the above code without EventCategory, EventAction etc... and it worked fine. 

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers!

Anil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal is Not Tracking Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

You have a syntax error in your code, you put : instead of " after the equation sign:

<a href="tel:4167504363" onClick=:ga('send', 'event', {eventCategory: 'Phone Lead', eventAction: 'Click', eventLabel: 'Call'});">

Should be:

<a href="tel:4167504363" onClick="ga('send', 'event', {eventCategory: 'Phone Lead', eventAction: 'Click', eventLabel: 'Call'});">

This should resolve the problem.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, somehow when I paste the code here, it changed to colon instead of ". But if you check the backend (view source) of my webpage, it shows you the same exact code as you mentioned.

So, I was wondering why GA not showing this as a conversion.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

If your code is ok on your page, the event should be fired. Can you see the events under Behavior -> Events? There is a delay in GA so you may need to wait a few hours before the goal completions appear.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital