AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal in GA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I wanted to create a goal in GA that sees how many people made a booking on my site. However for this goal I would have to have the destination page equal to the web destination of our 3rd party booking site which is:

http://www.freetobook.com/affiliates/reservation.php?w_id=315&w_tkn=bZIvpITR1fJZfsQIs2FewdmwRNL8ruoB...

You can see the goal set up below which is returning data but im surprised as I didnt think you could include any web page outside of your own website in a GA goal?

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 14.53.20.png

Re: Goal in GA

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cosi,
You are absolutely right you can't include any web page outside of your own website in a GA goal. In this case best option is to use event tracking. Please let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks

Re: Goal in GA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi there, Weirdly though the goal above is working. Its had 85 conversions over the last month. and thats why I am confused because the destination page is outside of our website.

Could it be that because the destination page is the landing page of where the widget on our site takes you to (our third party booking site) that it does allow for this as we are integrated with them?

Thanks