Analytics
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal/funnel set up inconsistencies

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been trying to set up our goals/funnels but keep running into problems:

1. When I try to verify the set up, I get this msg: This Goal would have a 0% conversion rate based on your data from the past 7 days. Try a different setup.  

I really can't see what I'm doing wrong here, please also see the reverse goal path below to show the visited pages.

goal_setup.PNG

reverse_goal_path.PNG

2. The funnel visualisation page shows entries only at the destination/goal page even though the reverse goal path (above) shows the correct page visits order

funnel_visualisation.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Changint the goal match type to Regular Expression (instead of Equals to) should fix the issue

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

oal/funnel set up inconsistencies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, that fixed the Goal flow issue but the other 2 still remain.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

1) Goal verification is only an indicator based on the data from the past 7 days. If there is not enough goal conversion data from the past 7 days collected, then it will return a 0% conversion rate.

2) It can take up to 48hrs for some reports to show data. 

Reverse goal path is a seperate report to the Funnel Visualization

Some reports have a 24-48hr processing delay.

The goals are now reporting as expected, so I'd give it 24hrs or so and recheck the funnel visalization report

to see if it is starting to display the data.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here