Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal conversions not tracking after changing to universal analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

Few days before we changed our analytics code to universal analytics. From that day conversions are showing as 0 in analytics. Recently, we launched a sub domain and using the same analytics code by creating View ------> Filter option we are tracking the sub domain traffic. For your info, we didn't remove old analytics code as well. So, I just want to know does the filter created the problem or having two codes analytics code I meant ga.js and analytics.js created the problem? 

Expecting a help on this

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prabhu S
April 2016

Re: Goal conversions not tracking after changing to universal analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 12
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You can create a new view and add this advanced filter to this view. Then you'll be able to see the hostname / domains in this view.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

If your goals are event based, you need to upgrade your event tracking code to universal analytics as well. Please check the document below:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/upgrade/reference/gajs-analyticsjs#even...
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Arnold,

My goals are destination based and not event based. We upgraded the code from classic to universal. From then my goals are not getting tracked. Before 1 hr we had both classic and universal code both in my webspages. Now, we have removed classic code. So, do you think having both the codes caused this problem?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you add the sub-domain filter on the existing view for the main domain or created a new view for the subdomain and then added the subdomain filter to it?

Also, check the Behaviour > Site Content > All pages report to see if the Goal URLs are present in the report and hasn't changed since the code upgrade.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Syed,

I have created a new view for the sub domain and then added the sub domain filter. Real time visitors are working perfectly on both sub domain and main domain. Whereas, conversion not working.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Prabhu,

Are you looking for the goals in the main domain view or the subdomain view? You need to create the goals in each view. So if you haven't created goals for the subdomain view, you won't see any goal in the subdomain view.

Also, has your goal destination URLs changed in the all pages report since the code upgrade?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Syed,

I have created the goals for both main and sub domain. And, as of now I am concerned about main domain only and checking the goals only for it.

When I go to Behaviour > Site Content > All pages and check for my destination URL it is looking perfectly. But when I click on the URL for example it is coming something like this www.abc.comwww.abc.com/thank-you.html instead of www.abc.com/thank-you.html

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Looks like you've added an advanced filter to include your domain / hostname in the pages report. You need to remove this advanced filter from the main view and then create a new view with this filter if you would like to see the domain / hostname in the pages report.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If I Do like this, does analytics shows my conversion?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This filter has changed your page URLs and hence the goals aren't tracking. You need to either remove this filter or update your goal URLs but my suggestion would be to remove this filter from the main domain view and create a separate view with domain / hostname filter.